1. Introduction and General Terms
Renaissance Computer Services Limited is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our audience.
In order to provide you with the full range of Renaissance Computer Services Limited services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information Renaissance Computer Services Limited may collect about you;
- how Renaissance Computer Services Limited will use information we collect about you;
- when Renaissance Computer Services Limited may use your details to contact you;
- whether Renaissance Computer Services Limited will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
Renaissance Computer Services Limited websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will Renaissance Computer Services Limited collect about me?
When you participate in, access, or sign up to, any of our services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or e-mail Renaissance Computer Services Limited, or create an account using any of our online registration systems we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable Renaissance Computer Services Limited (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. if you're sending in a job application we may need to receive additional personal information). When we do this, we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
3. How will Renaissance Computer Services Limited use the information they collect about me?
Renaissance Computer Services Limited will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for "service administration purposes", which means that Renaissance Computer Services Limited may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users to establish the number of visits from different countries and their areas and to determine the statistical use of our websites, including, user numbers, unique user numbers, page views, hits, browser types, page rankings, search engines used, search phrases used, platforms and browser types. This information is statistical and will only be used by representatives of Renaissance Computer Services Limited for the further enhancement of the online services that we offer.
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Renaissance Computer Services Limited websites.
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Renaissance Computer Services Limited may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
- Where Renaissance Computer Services Limited proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
4. When will Renaissance Computer Services Limited contact me?
Renaissance Computer Services Limited may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Renaissance Computer Services Limited can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Renaissance Computer Services Limited, e.g. on the Renaissance Computer Services Limited Blog, message boards or via other social media channel;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Renaissance Computer Services Limited services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes, however will always provide you with an opt-out option.
5. Will Renaissance Computer Services Limited share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within Renaissance Computer Services Limited.
However, sometimes Renaissance Computer Services Limited uses third parties to process your information. Renaissance Computer Services Limited requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Renaissance Computer Services Limited requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
6. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to Renaissance Computer Services Limited. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
7. How long will Renaissance Computer Services Limited keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Renaissance Computer Services Limited.
Where you contribute material to Renaissance Computer Services Limited we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
8. Can I find out what personal information Renaissance Computer Services Limited holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that Renaissance Computer Services Limited holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £15 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
9. What if I am accessing Renaissance Computer Services Limited websites outside the UK?
10. Cookies Policy - Information Renaissance Computer Services Limited collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows (statistics).
On Renaissance Computer Services Limited websites (www.renaissance.co.uk) cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests.
Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly they may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website's features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example, if on a previous visit you went to our services pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight service information on your second and subsequent visits.
c. Third Party Cookies on Renaissance Computer Services Limited pages
Please note that during your visits to Renaissance Computer Services Limited websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to Renaissance Computer Services Limited. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Renaissance Computer Services Limited does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
d. Renaissance Computer Services Limited cookies and how to reject cookies?
A list of the main cookies that the Renaissance Computer Services Limited websites set (and what each is used for) together with ways to minimise the number of cookies you receive can be found on paragraph 11.
11. How to control and delete cookies
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of Renaissance Computer Services Limited websites.
If you wish to view your cookie code, just click on a cookie to open it. You'll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
11.1. Third Party Cookies
To support our services, we sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube and Flickr. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Renaissance Computer Services Limited does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
Renaissance Computer Services Limited uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of website(s) and compile reports for us on website activity.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using our website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
For more information on the cookie set by Google Analytics, including information on how to opt out please go to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
11.2. List of the main Renaissance Computer Services Limited cookies
This is a list of the main cookies set by the www.renaissance.co.uk website, and what each is used for:
The __utma Cookie
This cookie is what's called a "persistent" cookie, as in, it never expires (technically, it does expire…in the year 2038). This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site according to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred. Google Analytics uses the information from this cookie to calculate statistics such as visits per day.
The __utmb and __utmc Cookies
The B and C cookies work together to calculate how long a visit takes. __utmb takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters a site, while __utmc takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves a site. __utmb expires at the end of the session. __utmc waits 30 minutes, and then it expires.
The __utmz Cookie
__utmz keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine they used, what link they clicked on, what keyword they used, and where they were in the world when they accessed a website. It expires in 15,768,000 seconds – or, in 6 months. This cookie is how Google Analytics knows to whom and to what source / medium / keyword to assign the credit for a Goal Conversion.
This cookie stores a session ID for users who have not registered and logged in to the website to view standard website content.
Stores user location to deliver country specific content.
This cookie is used to identify when the cookie directive warning should be displayed to a new visitor when they enter the website. It will continue to show until the user accepts the notice.
PortalAlias is used to determine exactly which portal in the Content Management System installation is being requested.
This cookie is used by our Content Management System to store role memberships for the current authenticated user.
Data Protection Officer
Renaissance Computer Services Limited,
Orbital 25 Business Park,
Last updated 04/02/2016